Personal and contact details
- Currently seeking employment
- Location – Middlesbrough UK
- Mobile – 07984471852
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Portfolio – http://www.rcraig-design.co.uk
- LinkedIn Profile
Dedicated 3D artist with a degree in Computer Games Art: Looking to use my full range of skills
in a studio environment and meet any new challenges along the way. I enjoy working with others
as required in my past jobs, degree and personal projects, and very self-motivated to improve myself as an artist.
Software experience and knowledge
- 3D MAX
- Wide range of modelling/texturing experience with both organics and solids
- Can work in both low and high poly, good with normalmap extraction processes
- PBR knowledge
- Experience working on VR games
Esper 2 (2015 Gear VR release | 2016(TBA) Oculus Rift PC release)
- Produced low poly environment props/textures for Esper 2 on the Gear VR, also "up res'd" the assets with higher poly counts and higher res textures for the Oculus Rift version
Living dungeon (2015 Tabletop strategy game PC release | 2016(TBA) XBOX release)
- Produced environment props/textures, and new high poly work/textures for some already existing characters and props
Barmy Britain (2014 stage play with stereoscopic 3D backgrounds)
- Modelled & textured environments in the Horrible Histories style, for use within their stereoscopic 3D stage plays
Saving Santa (2013 cinema release)
- Produced two 3D characters from supplied concept
SockMonkey Studios - 3D Artist (Generalist)
April 2016 – July 2016
- Worked on a prototype version a game to be pitched to publishers
- Produced environment props/textures (mostly hard surface)
- Tools used: Max, Photoshop, mudbox
Coatsink Software - 3D Artist
March 2015 – January 2016
- Hired as a 3D artist to work on their Esper 2 project
- Produced environment props for both Gear VR (mobile) and Oculus Rift (PC) versions
- Tools used: Max, Photoshop, mudbox, topogun
Radiation Burn - prop artist & character textures
Summer 2014 - Febuary 2015 (freelance)
- Porduced enviroment prop models/textures
- Produced textures and high poly work for various characters and props that already existed
- Tools used: Max, 3D-Coat, photoshop, unity
Amazing Interactives - 3D Artist/Texture artist
October 2013 – January 2014
- Hired on a 3 month contract to work on a Horrible Histories franchise project
- Produced 3D environments & props from concepts in the Horrible Histories style, and textured work that other work colleagues had modelled.
- Tools used: Max, Photoshop
Paraboxy Studios - 3D Artist
November 2011 – January 2013
- Producing 3D characters & environments
- Worked with concept artists on game, film & advertising projects
- Tools used: Max, Photoshop, Mudbox
Amazing Interactives - 3D Artist
July 2010 - March 2011
- was employed as a 3D artist
- Designed & created content to be used within educational software, including full environments and animated sequences
- Tools used: Max, Photoshop, orgre + xml scripting
Teesside University - 3D Artist
July 2009 - January 2010
- Was hired on a 6 month contract to produce character models and basic props
for one of the university's research & development teams
- Created 4 character models (low/high/textured & rigged) as well as various props
- Tools used: Max, mudbox, photoshop, UT3 engine
University attended Subject/Grade Dates
Teesside University BA Computer Games Art 2006 - 2009
College attended Subject/Grade Dates
Causeway institute BTEC ND in E-media 2004 - 2006
Ballymoney Triple Distinctions
Amber Cage – source engine (uni project)
- Designed and developed two character models, made to fit existing rigs in hl2. Successfully got the characters functioning in-game.
- Helped teach team-mates the workflow involved with getting content in-game.
Age of Chivalry – source engine
- Designed, constructed and contributed a map called aoc_sorrow which got added to the mod in an official update via Steam. The map
was full of custom props and materials made by myself.
- Worked as a play-tester before the first public release, finding bugs and offering constructive criticism on the games balance.
Insects-infestation – source engine
- Designed and constructed 5 official maps for the mod, as well as creating most of the custom content used within them.
- Produced special plant models, view-models and reworked existing content by other team members to make them function properly in-game.
- Did most of the PR work towards the mod’s release, including creating the promotional screenshots, accompanying text information, and
contacting various half-life2 and modding websites to get the news updates out to as many people as possible.
Oblivion weapons – Elder scrolls Oblivion engine
- Produced various weapons and put them in-game
- Released a pack of 5 unique weapons for other oblivion modders to use as they please in their own projects.